Furthermore, the degrees offered by Polish medical universities are recognized worldwide and especially in countries like Canada, USA, and Australia. Thus studying MBBS in Poland gives you an opportunity to find a job in the European Union as well as across the world.
Let’s learn more about the University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland.
See Also: Top 10 Medical Universities in Poland
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 2099
- Country Ranking – 21
The University of Warmia and Mazury was established in the year 1999 in the city of Olsztyn, Poland. The university is still undergoing development and about 140 research projects are being performed. The greatest achievement of the University of Warmia and Mazury so far would be the accreditation gained from the European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVE).
See this: Medical University of Silesia
Accreditation and Recognition of University of Warmia and Mazury
The various recognitions bagged by University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland include;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- National Medical Commission (NMC);
- And, European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVE).
Presently, around 22800 students are being trained by over 1900 academic staffs at the University of Warmia and Mazury.
Faculties / Departments at University of Warmia and Mazury
The University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland offers 16 faculties as listed below:
- Faculty of Animal Bioengineering
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology
- Faculty of Economic Sciences
- Faculty of Environmental Management and Agriculture
- Faculty of Environmental Sciences and Fisheries
- Faculty of Food Sciences
- Faculty of Geodesy and Land Management
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Law and Administration
- Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Sciences
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Societal Sciences
- Faculty of Technical Sciences
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Why Study MBBS in University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland
The University of Warmia and Mazury was first formed by merging three higher educational institutions: Academy of Agriculture and Technology, The Higher School of Pedagogy, and Warmian Theological Institute. Though the university started with just 12 faculties and 32 branches of study, now it has 16 faculties that educate around 24,000 students.
The University of Warmia and Mazury grant students doctoral degrees in 13 scientific disciplines and postdoctoral degrees in 6 branches. The research activities held by the university provide students with an opportunity to develop their skills. Such research activities are fully funded by the National Science Centre.
See more: Medical University of Gdansk
Below, we will take a look at why students should opt to study MBBS at the University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland.
- University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland is a leading medical university in the whole of Poland.
- The university has a teaching tradition and has gained international recognition.
- The tuition fee is quite affordable, and ultra-modern teaching techniques are equipped in the university.
- Students who face financial problems can apply for a scholarship at the university.
- Presently, over 500 international students from several international countries study at the University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland. Thus, students get to experience a multicultural environment.
- The whole admission process is conducted online including the entrance exam.
- University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland collaborates with top educational and research centres in international countries.
- Graduates of the University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland can opt to do practical training abroad or in the same university.
- The environment is safe and comfortable and provides students with a feeling of friendliness.
Duration of MBBS in University of Warmia and Mazury
The duration of MBBS at the University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland is 6 years where the first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical studies and the last one year to clinical practice/ internship. During the second and third year, students can opt to take part in practical researches as well.
Intake for MBBS Admission in University of Warmia and Mazury
The admission for MBBS undergraduate and postgraduate courses at the University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland opens on 1st July and runs till 15th August. However, it is important that you apply before 30th July every year as the visa process can take anywhere from 2-3 months.
More Related: Collegium Medicum Jagiellonian University
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in University of Warmia and Mazury
Indian students who wish to study MBBS in the University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
Documents Required for MBBS in University of Warmia and Mazury
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th board exam scorecard
- 12th board exam scorecard
- Attested character certificate
- Filled NMC application form
MBBS Admission Procedure in University of Warmia and Mazury
All the candidates who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can easily procure a seat at University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland. Briefly listed below is the admission security to apply to University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland.
- Fill the application form, and gather all the required documents.
- The documents will then be sent to the university, where it will be analysed by the authorities, after which you will receive the invitation letter.
- Once you receive the invitation letter, the process to apply for the Polish visa begins at the embassy of the respective country.
- Documents are submitted at the embassy and the admission fee is deposited to the University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland’s
We assist you throughout the entire process of applying to the university till completing your 6-year MBBS course at the university in numerous ways. We carefully collect, analyse and send your documents to the university on your behalf, and initiate the visa process after receiving the invitation letter. With us, you will always get to enjoy a taste of the trust factor.