A Foreign Medical Graduate Screening Exam will be conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) (FMGE). It allows Indian nationals with foreign medical degrees to practise medicine in the country. It’s a national-level entrance exam that takes place twice a year, in June and December. Through FMGE 2022, candidates can apply for provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council. This is a screening test for Indian nationals who have earned a degree from a foreign university and want to practise medicine in India.
FMGE 2022 Exam Dates – Full Schedule
Candidates can review all the relevant schedules for FMGE 2022’s June session. Candidates are needed to read through the table below in order to prevent missing any essential events. Here is the list of the exam dates that candidates should carefully consider:
FMGE 2022 Exam Dates
|Events||FMGE application dates|
|Release of information brochure||March 15, 2022|
|FMGE application form releases||March 15, 2022 (3 PM Onwards)|
|Last date to complete FMGE registrations||April 4, 2022 (Till 11:55 PM)|
|Edit window for all Candidates||8th April 2022 to 12th April 2022|
|Final edit window for photograph, signature and left-hand impression||3rd May 2022 to 6th May 2022|
|Admit card issued on||27th May 2022|
|FMGE exam date||June 4, 2022|
|Declaration of result||By June 30, 2022|
What exactly is FMGE?
The FMGE stands for Foreign Medical Graduate Examination and is administered by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). An Indian citizen or OCI who finished their main medical education outside of India but intends to practice medicine in India must pass this examination in order to register with the National Medical Commission (NMC)/State Medical Council (SMC).
Candidates who completed their primary degree course on or before March 15, 2002, are not required to take this test because FMGE was created in 2002. It’s also worth noting that the FMGE isn’t an entrance exam and can’t be used to get into any school. It’s a test for foreign medical graduates who want to practice medicine in India. In December and June of each year, the exam is held. If a student is unable to pass the FMGE exam in December, he or she may retake the exam in June.
Criteria for Eligibility of FMGE 2022
Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen or an Indian Overseas Citizen (OCI)
Qualification: The candidate must have a primary medical degree that has been certified by the Indian Embassy in question.
Documents: Candidates must present documentation of their primary medical qualification. If you do not submit the needed documentation within the deadline, you will not be considered for the FMGE 2022 June session.
Final exam result: On or before October 31, 2022, the final exam result for primary medical qualification shall have been announced.
Exemptions: Candidates who finished their undergraduate medical education in one of the countries listed below do not need to take the FMGE in order to register with MCI, as long as they are eligible to practice medicine in that country.
- New Zealand
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
Application for FMGE 2022
The applicants can learn more about the FMGE 2022 Application Form by reading the part below.
- FMGE 2022 Application Forms will be available online from March 15th 2022 for the June session and October 2022 for the December session.
- To obtain the FMGE 2022 Application Form, applicants must go to the official website https://nbe.edu.in or www.natboard.edu.in .
- Applicants must fill out the FMGE 2022 Application Form and submit it online only, since the official authorities will not accept the FMGE 2022 Application Form if it is not submitted online.
- The applicants will be required to register on the NBE official website.
- Applicants are urged to use the educational qualification documents to fill out some relevant details in the FMGE 2022 Application Form.
- Applicants are asked to send scanned photos of passport size photographs and signatures in JPG format and the required size as specified on the official website after completing the FMGE 2022 Application Form.
- Applicants must also upload the appropriate reports to the official website in the recommended arrangement.
- Applicants have until 8th to 12th of April as the last date of submission of the FMGE 2022 Application Form to make amendments to the FMGE 2022 Application Form.
- The applicant will be provided an opportunity in the correction window from 3rd May 2022 to 6th May 2022 to make any modifications to the FMGE 2022 Application Form once it has been submitted.
- Applicants are recommended to take a printout of the completely filled FMGE 2022 Application Form for future reference once the FMGE 2022 Application Form is completed.
- Along with the FMGE 2022 Application Form, applicants must also submit other required documents.
- Candidates must check carefully the submission of all the documents, in case of any discrepancies regarding the submission the candidates will not be issued the admit card.
- The application form can only be filled out and submitted online. Before filling out the FMGE 2022 application form, candidates should carefully read the Information Bulletin. Fill out the application form completely and accurately.
- Candidates can correct it by selecting “Edit Profile” or “Edit Application” from the drop-down menu. It is necessary to maintain a hardcopy of it for future reference.
FMGE Documents to be Submitted to NBE
- Date of Birth Proof (certificate of 10th class)
- 10+2 Passing Certificate and Mark Sheet
- Passport of the Applicant (Front page & Last page-Personal Information)
- MBBS Pass (in English/Hindi)
- MBBS Pass certified by the Embassy/Apostilled
- Address Proof (Voter Id/Passport/Driving License)
- Two Photographs
- Internship Certificate (if done in Abroad)
- Eligibility Certificate issued by MCI.
- Fail Certificate/Result for Ex-candidates
- Equivalence Certificate
Application Cost for FMGE 2022
For all candidates, the registration fee for FMGE is Rs 7080/-.
FMGE Fees Payment Methods
- The registration fee will be paid via a payment gateway that accepts a credit card or debit card issued by a bank in India, as well as Net Banking.
- Before proceeding with the payment of fees, applicants should carefully read the instructions and ensure that they meet the terms and conditions for meeting the eligibility criteria.
- Under no circumstances can the application fee be refunded or carried forward.
Exam Pattern for FMGE 2022
Before beginning to prepare for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination screening test 2022, candidates should review the FMGE 2022 exam format.
|Type of Questions||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Total No. of questions||300|
|Marking Scheme||(+1) for every right answer There will be no negative marking for the wrong answers|
|Duration of the Exam||FMGE Exam is of a total of 300 minutes It is divided in two parts of 150 questions for each allocation 150 minutes for each part|
Section-Wise Distribution of Marks
For Pre and Para clinical subjects:
For Clinical Subjects:
|Medicine and Allied Subjects||Marks||General Surgery and Allied Subjects||Marks|
|Dermatology and STD||5||Orthopedics||5|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology||30|
|Total Marks (48+152)||200|
FMGE 2022 exam day Schedule
|Activity||Part A (9 AM-11:30 PM)||Part B (2:00 PM- 4:30 PM)|
|Entry to the exam hall begins||07:00 am||12:00 pm|
|Last entry into the exam hall||08:30 am||01:30 pm|
|The candidate is provided with the login access||08:45 am||01:45 pm|
|Candidate can log in to the test and proceed to read the exam instructions||08:50 am||01:50 pm|
|Exam begins||09:00 am||02:00 pm|
|Exam ends||11:30 am||04:30 pm|
FMGE 2022 Admit Card
The following are the details of the FMGE 2022 admission card:
- The applicant can print their admit card by logging into their profile with the username and password they provided during the registration procedure.
- Aspirants are recommended to double-check all details stated on the Hall Ticket/Admit card, such as name, category, PWD (PH) status, date of birth, gender, and so on.
- Without the admit card, the candidate will not be able to enter the exam venue.
The applicant must present one picture Id proof as well as the photo that will be put on the admission card, which is as follows:
- PAN Card
- Voter Id
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card (with the photograph
FMGE 2022 Exam Day Guidelines
- At the exam centre, candidates must go through security measures such as frisking (with metal detectors) and biometric verification.
- Candidates who have not received their FMGE 2022 admit card will not be permitted to take the exam.
- The FMGE 2022 admit card will be bar coded due to the COVID-19 scenario.
- This year, no finger biometrics will be taken; instead, Face ID verification will be used.
The following objects will be permitted to be brought to the exam centre by candidates:
- Face Masks
- Transparent water bottle for personal use (water dispenser will not be available, candidates will be provided bottled water)
- Hand sanitizer in a clear bottle for personal use (up to 50 ml)
- Exam-related documents (Admit card, ID Card, etc.)
- The candidate’s friends and relatives will not be allowed into the examination hall.
FMGE 2022 Exam Prohibited Items;
Inside the examination hall, the following items are prohibited:
- Books, notes, plastic pouches, geometric boxes, writing pads, erasers, pens, pencils, and other stationery goods
- Mobile phones, calculators, Bluetooth gadgets, earbuds, microphones, smartwatches, and other electronic devices
- Food, beverages, non-transparent water bottles, and so on.
- Wallet, goggles, handbags, cap, belt, and other personal items
FMGE 2022 Exam Preparation
Candidates can use the following preparation ideas to help them prepare for the FMGE:
- Before you begin studying for the exam, make an appropriate exam timetable.
- The entire syllabus must be understood.
- To prepare, always read the best authors’ books.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle in preparation for the exam.
- Keep calm and don’t take any stress.
Contact for information:
FMGE Help Line Number; 022-61087595
Call support: 15th March 2022 to 30th June 2022 between 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM from Monday to Friday
4th June 2022 (Examination Day): 7.00 AM to 7.00 PM