Poland is becoming a popular destination among students who wish to study MBBS abroad due to the many facilities that the country offer including the state-of-the-art infrastructure, experienced faculty members, and a robust education system. Poland is one of the fastest-growing economies in Europe and this has led to an inflow of over 46,000 candidates within a short period. The number of students travelling to study MBBS in Poland has seen a recent upraise due to the affordable fee structure and easy application procedure.
Take a look at the why MBBS admission in Nicolaus Copernicus University is a win-win situation for students.
See this: Medical University of Gdansk in Poland
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 693
- Country Ranking – 6
Located in Torun, Poland, Nicolaus Copernicus University was established in 1945. In fact, Nicolaus Copernicus University is the very first higher educational institution in the city of Torun, and also one of the first universities in Northern Poland. Nicolaus Copernicus University offers various levels of educational programs: Shorter/intermediate university-level qualifications, First Main University Level Final Qualifications, Advanced/Postgraduate Study, Doctorate, and Higher/Post Doctorate.
Accreditation and Recognition of Nicolaus Copernicus University
Nicolaus Copernicus University is also one of the finest private MBBS University in Poland that is approved by;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- And, National Medical Commission (NMC);
Presently, Nicolaus Copernicus University offer graduate and postgraduate programs in over 100 fields of study spread across the 15 faculties. The internationalization policy that was established in the university brought in a vast number of foreign students who account for 1% of the total 30,000 students studying here. There are a total of 2100 highly-skilled academic staffs who trains the students under different faculties.
More us: Top Medical university in Poland
Faculties / Departments at Nicolaus Copernicus University
Collegium Nicolaus Copernicus University has seventeen faculties as listed below:
- Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection
- Faculty of Chemistry
- Faculty of Earth Sciences
- Faculty of Economic Sciences and Management
- Faculty of Education Sciences
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of History
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Languages
- Faculty of Law and Administration
- Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Political Science and International Studies
- Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Applied Informatics
- Faculty of Theology
Why Study MBBS in Nicolaus Copernicus University
Nicolaus Copernicus University is actively involved in Erasmus+ exchange program and has signed over 50 bilateral agreements and 622 inter-institutional agreements. The university runs various researches projects that see a high success rate. In the year 2015, it ran over 620 research projects with a budget of 29.2 million PLN.
The international cooperation of Nicolaus Copernicus University with foreign institutions include universities like Carl Von Ossietzky Universitat Oldenburg, Germany, The Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, Universite d’ Angers, France, Università Degli Studi Di Padova, Italy, and more.
See also: Medical University of Wroclaw
Additional reasons that make studying MBBS at Nicolaus Copernicus University an advantageous option are listed below.
- Nicolaus Copernicus University is a one among the top and the oldest medical universities located in Poland which awards a medical degree recognized globally.
- The academic staff at the university comprises of highly-skilled professors from international countries like England, Germany, and the USA.
- Graduates of Nicolaus Copernicus University can apply for residency and PG programs in international countries like USA, Canada, Australia, England, etc.
- As the course is taught in English, an ever-increasing number of international students including Indian students currently pursue MBBS in Poland.
- Nicolaus Copernicus University, Poland offers student exchange programs with many American and European universities.
- Nicolaus Copernicus University offers on-campus accommodation facilities for foreign students and the admission procedure are devoid of entrance examinations.
See Also: Poznan University of Medical Sciences
Duration of MBBS in Nicolaus Copernicus University
MBBS course at Nicolaus Copernicus University, Poland, runs for a total of 6 years irrespective of their nationality. The first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical or academic medical education, while the last one year deals with hands-on-experience or an internship in an affiliated hospital.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Nicolaus Copernicus University
The admission process to apply for MBBS in Poland begins in July and runs through August. The classes start in September. Nevertheless, it is important that students who wish to pursue MBBS in Nicolaus Copernicus University, Poland initiate the process with a reliable consultant at the earliest as it takes around two months for the application to be processed. Also, it is important that students make sure they have all the necessary documents ready by the time the offer letter reaches their hand.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Nicolaus Copernicus University
Students who wish to study MBBS in Nicolaus Copernicus University needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
MBBS Admission Procedure in Nicolaus Copernicus University
The entire admission procedure takes place in 4 steps – Registration, Admission Confirmation, Visa Application, and Travel Conformation.
In order to initiate the registration process, applicants are to submit scanned copies of the following documents.
- Attested mark sheet and pass certificate of grade 10th
- Attested mark sheet and pass certificate of grade 12th
- Birth certificate
- 12 Passport size photographs
- Attested and notarized passport copy
- NEET scorecard
Applicants will receive an admission letter within seven working days after their documents are verified and approved. Once you receive the admission letter, you are to submit your original documents, and in around 15 days you will receive approval from the ministry along with the below-listed documents.
- Approval letter from the Ministry
- Invitation letter issued by the university
- Accommodation letter
Once you receive the approval letter from the ministry, you are to deposit the tuition fees to the university’s bank account at the earliest.
Once we receive the documents from the university, we will apply for your online visa on your behalf. Please be aware that it might take around 5-7 working days.
Finally, we will make convenient travel arrangements for you. We will provide you with all the details regarding the departure date, time, and venue. It is during this stage when you will pay the last instalment of processing fee.